Even if you fail in doing something ambitious, you usually succeed in doing something important.
– Peter Diamandis
Startups are important for Topsector Horticulture & Starting Materials: through these companies new or improved products, services, processes etc. can be developed that the sector can benefit from.
In 2019, Topsector Horticulture & Starting Materials appointed four innovation brokers who are involved in the supervision of startups. An innovation broker provides support with:
- starting an innovative company
- making an innovation ready for the market
- determining the value proposition and the earnings model
- making the business case and financing proposals for market introduction
- finding the right collaboration partners
- setting up consortia and partnerships with other companies and / or knowledge institutions